tirsdag 2. februar 2010

The whole class collaborating



In school today, we were working on American politics. We worked in a different way than what we're used to. The class were collaborating and divided into the following groups: Front desk, research group, journalists, teachers and designers. I was in the research group with Karoline and Mikkel, we split the pages in the book by topics and I got the topic "Electing a president." At first I read about it and I searched on the internet to gather more information. I sent the information to the journalists, and they worked on rewriting, but they were not satisfied with our job, so I wrote a summery from the text in the book. I am going to post my summery as an individual blog post.



The front desk's job was to organize people and give deadlines and just talk to the different groups and make sure they didn't have any problems.

The research group's job was to find material and send it to the other groups.

The journalists' job was to write blogs about the material.

The teachers' job was to make a test and criteria for the test.

The designers' job was to make glogs and photostory with the material.


I think this way of working is not the most effective way to work, there are too many people involved and working on the same topics and it is kind of confusing. It has been fun to try out, but I don't think that this is a way that we will learn the most in. We were supposed to work in groups of two, but Ann changed her mind. I think we would learn more if we did work in that way, but it has been interesting and I know very well how they elect their president in the US.

1 kommentar:

  1. I agree with you, it probably was not the best way to work. But if we change something here we might have more success. I'm glad you wrote about it the way you did because it helped me in my constant search of better ways to work with ict and new ways to learn.

    SvarSlett